Information

Hello! My name is Izumi Shoji.I am a vegetarian living in Tokyo.
My first English book will be out soon,so I started this blog in English.
Though I'm not good at English,I will update this blog once aweek.Please come and enjoy!
Click here to read my Japanese blog which everyday I update showing recipes of my original cuisines of vegetables.)

Aug 5, 2011

Vegan Chicken teriyaki steak

Hello! I am happy to see you again. I will update this blog once a week.

In Japan Teriyaki Sauce is very popular.Everyone like fish teriyaki steak and Teriyaki burger.The chicken teriyaki steak is also popular dish.
Today, I will introduce how to make their teriyaki chicken.But I do not use chicken.This is a vegan vegetarian dish with soy instead of chicken.


ingredients for 1 person

3oz boiled soybeans(canned food/You can also use chickpeas instead of soybeans.)
2tbsp potato starch
2 tsp soy sause
2 tsp mirin(or maple syrup)
sesami oil

Crush soybeans with a fork or potato masher.

Mix the mashed soybeans and potato starch,and formed into the oval-type.

Heat sesami oil in a pan,then put soy chicken on each side until golden brown.

Cook covered for 3-4 minutes.

Add the soy sauce and mirin.

This dish is now ready.This dish is really just like chicken.Please try.I think you are really surprise!

This dish is complete.This is a very simple dish.Zucchini is very soft as melting.Please try!

This blog is updated once a week, in the right side, I will briefly introduce my Japanese blog recipe.Please come and enjoy! See you next week!

I am also sending information on face book.
The Japanese Vegetarian Kitchen

ファンページも宣伝する

17 comments:

  1. Hi Ms. Izumi Shoji,
    For the longest time now, I have been searching for some authentic Japanese vegetarian recipes and I am grateful to have come across your blog. The food you present are so simple and yet delicious and nutritious. It is so wonderful that you have started blogging in English so that your wonderful recipes can be shared with the rest of the world. I also enjoy how the food portions you are just about enough for one person. The reason is that I am the only vegetarian in my family. So everything I make is practically enough for one person.
    Also, right before I found your blog, I had myself some store-bought tofu meat. Although it was quite pleasant, I don't believe that store-bought food is better than the ones you make at home. I can not wait to try this out!
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a vegetarian in America, but I really like Japanese food. And I love this recipe! So delicious!

    ありがとう!ナマステ。

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is AMAZING!! Thank you so much for your blog! I made this for dinner tonight along with your maze-sushi (LOVE the idea of deconstructed sushi) and spinach with sesame dressing! Your recipes are GREAT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had tasted sweet potato teriyaki and this seems like another nice variation :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anyone who's reading this comment right now and consider making this chickenless teriyaki recipe. PLEASE DO, i beg you!! you'll be surprised on how tasty and yummy and incredibly simple this recipe is (my husband and 5 year old son are hooked as well). I paired it with some leftover rice transformed into grilled onigiri with some kale and spinach sauteed in garlic on the side.This recipe has definitely made it as a permanent resident in our kitchen.

    Izumi, you are my new kitchen goddess....thank you so much for sharing your tasty, creative and simple recipes...I've tried a couple of your recipes, not a single one fail to put a big smile on my face, my belly, and my heart...you're absolutely wonderful. Can't wait to try more of your recipes. Please keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy. I tried this without potato starch the first time (did not have any) but then today had it with and what a difference. So delish. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking of replacing the starch with flour. Is that what you did?

      Delete
  7. it looks yummy
    im vegan and wife to be
    please post more vegetarian recipes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear god, finally i found a cooking site with japanese vegetarian cuisine. :)
    Thank you for your aharing. They all look so delicious and completely helpful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have made this dish many times. It is a family favorite! We follow a vegan diet for about 1 yr now and I'm always looking for new recipes. One question- mine come out green because of the soybeans (I use frozen) why are yours different?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello! I am wondering if instant mashed potato flakes could be used instead of the starch. I do not have any, and doubt if I can find it around here! thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much I'm an American and I'm transitioning to being a Vegan.and I had wanted to find a good vegan terriaki chicken steak I found you when i searched for it and I'm so glad I did I'm excited to make this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have tried teriyaki steak before, sure is yummy and keeps you craving for more. Sadly I don't get enough time for cooking these days and get most of meals from Activeats. Hope this weekend I will be able to cook these.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very useful post. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. Really its great article. Keep it up.
    best ever vegetarian chilli

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for sharing excellent informations. Your web-site is very cool. I’m impressed by the details that you¡¦ve on this web site Balkon Hotel Lacak resi Pos Hotel kantorPos TemplateSEO ViomagzdesignResi Pos Lacak Resi Pos Hotel Murah di Bandung Hotel di Bali
    It reveals how nicely you understand this subject. Bookmarked this web page, will come back for extra articles. You, my friend, ROCK!

    ReplyDelete